Wednesday, November 12, 2014

New Thoughts about Organizing

My friends know that one of my weaknesses is anything new under the sun that comes out in print about organizing.  When I work with students on becoming more independent in organizing their materials, desks and backpacks they look at me like I'm a crazy woman, especially when I have them follow the steps in a flip-book we create of photos of their own desk as they work through the organizing process.

So, this article is pure "eye candy" and "creative fuel" for nuts like me:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/23/garden/home-organization-advice-from-marie-kondo.html

Think there will be lots of applications to helping students and friends at school and at home.

The last sentence is my favorite one of the article.  Sadly, I can't throw every scrap of paper away--at work or at home--but I can toss out quite a bit more than I have so far.

No comments: