Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Question for you

Usually there is one classroom in each of my schools where wonderful things happen on a regular basis.  I get happy inside when I know I'll get to share ideas with particular teachers at my different schools, because there is usually something new happening in the classroom that engages the students and reinforces independence on their part.

For example, once I brought in a clipboard holder to an elementary classroom and the next time I stepped foot inside her room the teacher had used it for this:  Using Clipboard Idea    What a thrill to see how a colleague uses a tool that was originally intended for another purpose.

What have you seen lately that a teacher or other staff member has done with an idea you've discussed together, or a way they have fostered independence in students?

No comments: